HTTP Response Codes
From Social ID Developers
HTTP Status Codes
Social-ID API attempts to return appropriate HTTP status codes for every request. It is possible to suppress response codes for the REST API.
- 200 OK: Success!
- 304 Not Modified: There was no new data to return.
- 400 Bad Request: The request was invalid. An accompanying error message will explain why. This is the status code will be returned during rate limiting.
- 401 Unauthorized: Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect.
- 403 Forbidden: The request is understood, but it has been refused. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
- 404 Not Found: The URI requested is invalid or the resource requested, such as a user, does not exist.
- 406 Not Acceptable: Returned by the Search API when an invalid format is specified in the request.
- 420 Enhance Your Calm: Returned by the Search and Trends API when you are being rate limited.
- 500 Internal Server Error: Something is broken. Please post to the group so the CBT team can investigate.
- 502 Bad Gateway: CBT is down or being upgraded.
- 503 Service Unavailable: The CBT servers are up, but overloaded with requests. Try again later.